Postcard Salon 2023
Our popular Postcard Salon event returns for 2023! The MMA challenged artists of all ages and artistic levels to create postcard sized works of art for an exhibition called Postcard Salon! This year, we received over 1,000 works of art that will line the gallery walls from March 30 – April 21.
ENTRIES FOR POSTCARD SALON IS NOW CLOSED
Join us by creating your own cards for the show and attending the party on April 20. All postcards will be on sale for $30 each, so show them, sell them, and buy them.
Exhibition: March 30 – April 21, 2023
Salon Reception: Thursday, April 20, 5:30-8:00 pm (Sale starts at 6:30 pm)
THE RULES (NEW!!! – READ CAREFULLY – RULES HAVE CHANGED):
- “Postcard” refers to size: 4” x 6.” It doesn’t have to go in the mail, or even look like a postcard.
- NEW!!! – Artists may enter a maximum of THREE postcards. K-12 students and Class/Workshop groups may submit no more than ONE card per student.
- Entry is free. Cards must measure 4”x 6” exactly and be on a heavy stock paper, rigid backing, photo paper, or other similar material. We can handle wood, glass, and ceramics too, but you must attach a secure hanging device to these heavier pieces. Works on paper do not require hangers. “Thickness” is variable—if we can hang it on a nail, you can send it.
- All media are welcome – paint, marker, pencil, collage, ceramic, found objects, textiles — you name it, we hang it. Artists of all skill levels are encouraged to participate.
- Subject is up to you. Creativity and originality are appreciated by viewers and coveted by buyers. No previously submitted postcards allowed. No digital copies will be accepted. (Digital art and photography are fine.)
- All cards are for sale on April 20 for $30. The MMA splits the sale price 50/50. Join us for the party on Thursday, April 20, beginning at 5:30PM. Sale begins at 6:30PM with a five-minute head start for MMA members.
Cards are due by February 24, 2023
- Cards may be hand delivered or mailed to the MMA at:
Attn: Postcard Salon
Muskegon Museum of Art
296 W Webster Ave
Muskegon, MI 49440
- Cards must arrive at the MMA in an envelope or box with your name, address, and phone number or email. We won’t accept cards without this information.
- Label the back of your cards with your name and the title. Print legibly.
Artists wanting their cards returned by mail must provide a SASE. Cards can be picked up in person beginning April 25. Cards left after May 26, 2023 become the property of the MMA.
If you have any questions on the rules, contact James Milostan at (231) 720-2575 or email@example.com