Postcard Salon 2024
The annual Postcard Salon challenges artists of all ages and artistic levels to create postcard-sized works of art to display and sell at the Muskegon Museum of Art. The exhibition is a fun way to see your artwork in the museum galleries while supporting the museum through a fundraising sale.
All works of art will be available to purchase for $30 each, with the sale being a 50/50 split between the artist and the museum.
The postcard art will only be available for purchase during the Salon Reception on March 14. Custom framing for purchased postcards will be available in the galleries for a small fee, courtesy of the Frame and Mat Shop in Grand Haven.
Join us by creating your own postcards for the show and attending the party on March 14. All postcards will be on sale for $30 each, with the sale being a 50/50 split between the artist and the museum.
Step 1. Create your postcard masterpiece (PLEASE READ THE RULES BELOW)
Step 2. Deliver it to the MMA or mail it to the address below before January 29, 2024
Step 3. Visit your postcard on display at the MMA between February 22 – March 14
Step 4. Attend the Reception & Sale on Thursday, March 14
Deadline: January 29, 2024
Cards may be hand delivered or mailed to the MMA:
Attn: Postcard Salon
Muskegon Museum of Art
296 W. Webster Ave.
Muskegon, MI 49440
- “Postcard” refers to size: 4” x 6.” It doesn’t have to go in the mail, or even look like a postcard.
- Artists may enter a maximum of THREE postcards. K-12 students and Class/Workshop groups may submit no more than ONE card per student.
- Entry is free. Cards must measure 4”x 6” exactly and be on a heavy stock paper, rigid backing, photo paper, or other similar material. We can handle wood, glass, and ceramics too, but you must attach a secure hanging device to these heavier pieces. Works on paper do not require hangers. “Thickness” is variable—if we can hang it on a nail, you can send it.
- All media are welcome – paint, marker, pencil, collage, ceramic, found objects, textiles — you name it, we hang it. Artists of all skill levels are encouraged to participate.
- Subject is up to you. Creativity and originality are appreciated by viewers and coveted by buyers. No previously submitted postcards allowed. No digital copies will be accepted. (Digital art and photography are fine.)
- All cards are for sale for $30. The MMA splits the sale price 50/50. Join us for the party on Thursday, March 14, beginning at 5:30PM. Sale begins at 6:30PM with a five-minute head start for MMA members.
- Cards must arrive at the MMA in an envelope or box with your name, address, and phone number or email. We won’t accept cards without this information.
- Label the back of your cards with your name and the title. Print legibly.
Artists wanting their cards returned by mail must provide a SASE. Cards can be picked up in person beginning March 15. Cards left after May 27, 2024 become the property of the MMA.
If you have any questions on the rules, contact Art Martin at (231)720-2582 or email@example.com