MESSAGE FROM THE DIRECTOR
I hope that you are doing well and staying safe during these uncertain times.
The MMA staff and trustees are keeping busy managing this challenging time. I want you to know that we are doing well. Thank you for your support!
As you know, we are a program heavy organization and, disappointingly, have had to cancel and reschedule dozens of events. What is most difficult for our staff and trustees is not seeing you at the MMA. You are the ones who bring this building to life. We miss seeing you at MMA gatherings and throughout our daily routines. We have heard from many of you and your words of encouragement have been tremendously uplifting. Your support is what keeps this museum moving forward.
I want to share with you some important schedule changes for your calendars:
- The Gala has been moved to Saturday, August 29.
- The J2B2 Concert will be held on September 4.
- On Tap has been moved to Spring 2021.
- Postcard Salon will be held this fall.
- We are disappointed at having to place the 92nd Annual Michigan Contemporary on hiatus for a year. It will return better than ever in 2021.
- Summer exhibitions: Shaping the Future, Celebrating the Past and Glass: Treasures from the Permanent Collection are now open and will run into the fall.
In the meantime, you can still enjoy the MMA, have a laugh, and participate through Facebook, Instagram, and our website. The staff has been hard at work putting volumes of content and activities online including a virtual preview tour of three galleries from this summer’s upcoming exhibitions. Follow us if you haven’t already.
If you are not yet a member of the Muskegon Museum of Art, we would love to have you join at this crucial time. Just click here:
The Muskegon Museum of Art will emerge from this a stronger institution. We have weathered many crises since 1912 and we will get through this together as well thanks to your support! We still have big plans for the future.
Be well, healthy and safe. Thank you and I’ll see you soon!
Muskegon Museum of Art
If you would like to consider a gift to the MMA, please click here: