POSTCARD EXHIBITION & SALON SALE
Exhibition: January 24 – February 7, 2019
Salon Reception: February 7, 5:30-8:00 pm (sale starts at 7:00 PM)
Create Awesomeness, Buy Awesomeness. Our popular Postcard Salon event returns for 2019. Join us by creating your own cards for the show and attending the party on February 7. All postcards will be on sale for $30 each, so show them, sell them, and buy them.
- “Postcard” refers to size: 4” x 6.” It doesn’t have to go in the mail, or even look like a postcard.
- Entry is free. Artists may enter up to five postcards, which must measure 4”x 6” exactly and be on a heavy stock paper, rigid backing, photo paper, or other similar material. We can handle wood, glass, and ceramics too, but you must attach a secure hanging device to these heavier pieces. Works on paper do not require hangers. “Thickness” is variable—if we can hang it on a nail, you can send it.
- All media are welcome – paint, marker, pencil, collage, ceramic, found objects, textiles — you name it, we hang it. Artists of all skill levels are encouraged to participate.
- Subject is up to you. Creativity and originality are appreciated by viewers and coveted by buyers. No previously submitted postcards allowed. No digital copies will be accepted. (Digital art and photography are fine.)
- All cards are for sale on February 7 for $30. The MMA splits the sale price 50/50. Join us for the party on Thursday, February 7, beginning at 5:30PM. Sale begins at 7PM with a five-minute head start for MMA members.
Cards are due by January 13, 2019.
Cards may be hand delivered or mailed to the MMA at:
Attn: Postcard Salon
Muskegon Museum of Art
296 W Webster Ave
Muskegon, MI 49440.
Cards must arrive at the MMA in an envelope with your name, address, and phone number or email. We won’t accept cards without this information.
Label the back of your cards with your name and the title.
Artists wanting their cards returned by mail MUST provide a Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE). Cards can be picked up in person beginning February 9. Cards left after March 30, 2019 become the property of the MMA.
If you have any questions on the rules, contact James Milostan at (231) 720-2575 or email@example.com.