About Friends of Art
Friends of Art was established in 1921 as an independent non-profit organization to promote the study of art and to support the Muskegon Museum of Art.
The Friends of Art group offers enrichment opportunities which are meant to deepen the museum experience.
While the Covid-19 pandemic continues, lectures for 2021-2022 will be provided through online Zoom participation.
Membership dues are used for programs and operational expenses. Donations above the basic membership level are used to purchase gifts for the museum, most especially works of art.
In addition, the Friends of Art organization provides a monetary award for the annual Michigan Contemporary Art Exhibition, support for the Festival of Trees and the annual Gala, and various physical improvements.
Become a Member of Friends of Art
If you’d like to join an ever-growing community of art lovers, we invite you to download the PDF form below for more information. Membership is open to all museum members.
FRIENDS OF ART MEMBERS RECEIVE:
- Discounts for all ArtSmarts lecture series featuring notable speakers
- Networking with others who are interested in art and art history
- Membership with a unique group that donates works of art, volunteers for events, and provides an annual monetary award for the juried Michigan Contemporary Art Exhibition
- Membership booklet containing a directory of members, bylaws, and list of programs
- 100th Year Celebration Gifts of Stemless Wine Glass and 64-page booklet featuring colorful images of works of art that have become part of the permanent collection at the Muskegon Museum of Art
Our Fall 2021 ArtSmarts Education Series will focus on Architecture as Art: Our Past and Future.
Join us this fall for three exciting ArtSmarts! Presentations that explore this marriage of art and science, and how it impacts our lives. We have a mix of virtual and in-person events this fall.
Due to the covid 19 pandemic, all events will be carefully planned and all precautions will be taken to make everyone safe, moving forward.
Friends of Art: 100th Anniversary
As Friends of Art continues celebrating its 100th Anniversary, they have been honored by having Mayor Gawron of Muskegon proclaim December 21st as Friends of Art Day! FOA has also received special tribute documents from Governor Whitmer, Senators Stabenow and Peters, and Congressman Huizenga.
For the upcoming museum expansion, Friends of Art is pleased to donate $10,000 for furnishings and art supplies for classrooms.
A Muskegon Museum of Art membership is prerequisite to joining the Friends of Art. Basic membership in Friends of Art is $25, with benevolent memberships above that level. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for Friends of Art information.