The Muskegon Museum of Art is seeking a Director of Development to join a highly motivated museum team. The Museum is currently undergoing a major expansion which will increase its capacity for exhibitions and programs. Please send your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com by August 1, 2023.
Reports To: Executive Director
Full Time Salary with Benefits
The Muskegon Museum of Art (MMA) is one of the premier cultural institutions on the lakeshore and one of the finest art museums in the Midwest with a very strong permanent collection. The MMA has an aggressive changing exhibition schedule of between 15-20 exhibitions annually along with community related programming. The Director of Development is a key part of a highly creative and motivated museum team. The Director of Development is responsible for raising the funds that support the operations of the MMA and the daily management of MMA’s fundraising programs.
Underwriting: Development and oversite of exhibition and event underwriting programs; soliciting corporate and individual donors on an annual basis that ensures the exhibitions and programs of the MMA are corporately or privately underwritten; development of exhibition and program underwriting materials; recording and tracking gifts and sponsorships; writing and generating acknowledgements, donor recognition and stewardship.
- Events: Coordination of MMA major fundraising events including the solicitation of general and specific sponsors for event and event components.
- Membership: Development, oversite and growth of MMA membership program, to include campaigns for new membership, both individual and corporate, and for membership retention with the goal to increase membership sales and renewals annually.
- Planned Giving, Art Acquisition, & Endowment: Development of continuing strategies to expand the MMA’s Planned Giving, Endowment, and Art Acquisition Funds.
- Grants: Grant identification and writing (governmental, corporate, and foundations) as determined in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Gifts: Organization and implementation of gift programs including the annual year-end gift campaign.
- Community: Maintain an engaged presence at community events and develop networks and relationships for the MMA.
- Prospect Development: Conduct ongoing prospect research of potential underwriters, donors and members.
- Five+ years leadership with non-profit and or arts/culture organizations fund development strongly preferred
- Experience with high-level donors and corporate partners strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of West Michigan business and philanthropic community
- Superior writing, verbal, and computer skills required
- Excellent organizational skills, records management skills, and keen attention to detail required
Four (4) years of college, including related college course work in fundraising, non-profit management, and
marketing, or specific job related training and experience equivalency. Salary commensurate and to be
Resumes and references can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1, 2023.